Thursday, February 10, 2011

colour Q challenge

I finally tried one of Color Q challenges.  I had a card swap last night with my downline at our meeting.  I was having problems coming up with a card and decided to go to colour Q website and these were the colors they were using this week.  It's crumb cake, pretty in pink, pink pirouette, whisper white and blushing bride (which I did not use).  The swaps theme was something from the Stampin' Up!  Occasions Mini Catalog or the Sale-a-bration catalog.  I used Bliss #123217 from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  If you would like to know how to earn this set for FREE just email (jnrsjones@cox.net) and I will be happy to help you out. 

I actually did 2 very similar cards.  On the one above, one butterfly has dazzling diamonds.

  On this card the butterflies have Stampin' Up! Basic Pearls Jewels #119247.   I ended up making the one with the pearls.  I used organza (needs to be synthetic material, you can use satin, but takes much longer to heat up) to make the little flower.  Using the circles #2 Sizzix die #114526 I used the smaller 3 circles and cut 3 of each of the circles out of the material.  I used the crop-a-dile #108362 to punch a hole in the middle and then added the pink rhinestone brad #109110 in the middle.  Once that was done and it was ok that the circles were not all lined up, in fact, it was easier this way.  I applied heat with the heat tool #100005.  The flower begins to take shape super fast using this tool.  Please use some tweezers or something to hold the flower down while applying heat.  Also note ** do not touch the brad until it has cooled down**.  Yes, that is from experience.  I was trying to flatten one of the layers and my finger touched the brad and ouch!!    

I also used the Color Spritz Tool #107066 to add the little dots since we no longer have itty bitty stamp set.  I thought that added a nice little touch.  Then I sponged the edges and viola my swap card. 

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card, Norma. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Melissa Hedine-Tootle said...

Cute card! I'm following you and thank for following me. Cute blog!

Melissa Hedine-Tootle said...

cute card! I'm following you 2!!

Julz said...

Gorgeous card!