Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween Candy Cone

I had a stamp camp last night.  I said I was going to make 5 projects and kept finding cute things to do and so I made 9 projects for the price of 5.  This was the Halloween Candy Cone that we made.  I used the Halloween DSP that we have in the IB&C.  I made this using a piece of 6x6 DSP and cutting it on the diagonal.  Kimberly Van Diepen (is that spelling correct?)  has it posted on her blog.  I think she might have a tutorial.  Anyway, I added the spider from the Batty for You stamp set on to a scalloped circle punch.  Love this technique.  Then I added glitter to it.  I then used 1/4" strips of DSP to make little curly cues. 

I also used Kimberly's ribbon technique on the top...where you use sticky strip and then kind of hand gather the ribbon.  It is way too cute.  You really need to head over to her site...I think it's www.stampinbythesea.comShe is in my sideline and I use her ideas all the time!!  I think she is very talented and was #1 Demonstrator of the Year!!  So, how can I go wrong casing her projects...right? 

Well this little project was a lot of work, but I think it came out very cute!!  I also used our new waffle paper to put inside the cone (like tissue paper) and then added the candy.   Hope you enjoy it.  Here are a few more pictures of the project.

  A close up of the spider on the accordion style thingy and the curly cues!!


Here is a close up of the ribbon and the waffle paper used as tissue with the candy inside.  I just love Babyruth bars.  Well I like almost any kind of candy, but if they have nuts and carmel and..well my mouth is watering just writing about it!!  hehehehe!!  Snickers, Hershey's w/almonds...well my list is long and my waist is thick!!  Ok. Enough.  

I will post more projects from my stamp camp tomorrow!!

No comments: